- Dentists and hygienists who wish to volunteer in a clinical capacity (i.e. providing treatment) must complete their volunteer registration by March 7, 2019, in order to verify licenses and ensure that all clinical positions are filled.
- Dentists and hygienists must have a clear and active license in order to provide treatment services to FLA-MOM patients.
- Out-of-State dentists must register by January 10, 2019 in order to allow time for your credentials to be reviewed. A separate survey will be sent to you in January.
- General volunteer registration will stay open through the duration of the event.
- Due to liability reasons, all volunteers must be at least 18 years old to volunteer.
- Please use your preferred name and email address when completing the volunteer registration. All volunteer instructions regarding the 2019 FLA-MOM will be communicated via email. Each registrant must have a unique email address. Your name will appear on your name badge as you have entered it in the volunteer registration process.
- You can choose your volunteer position.
- This year, clinical shifts will be full-day shifts (~9-11 hours). This change will help us maximize clinic efficiency and ensure a continuous flow of patients, allowing us to meet our goal of treating 2,000 patients.
- Central Supply, Sterilization, and Hygiene shifts are divided into AM and PM shifts. Hygienists may only work 1 hygiene shift per day.
- General volunteer shifts are divided into AM and PM shifts. You may sign up for both shifts, and you may switch jobs or keep the same position. Please select a position you will be comfortable performing for six to seven hours.
- Each shift has a maximum number of slots, which will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Since specialists are limited to practice in their specialty, we ask that general dentists consider signing up for shifts like restorative, triage, etc.
- Shift times are firm. Every volunteer must check-in at Volunteer Registration to pick up your t-shirt and name badge before volunteering. Additionally, there will be a general orientation and job-specific training. If your plans change, please notify email@example.com as soon as possible so we can offer the slot to another volunteer.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is complete. If you need to edit your registration, please refer to your confirmation email, and click the "Edit My Registration" link.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided on site each day. Breaks may be taken as needed.
- Please note that continuing education is only awarded for clinical shifts. Following the event, clinical volunteers will receive an email with their service hours to self-report hours. Non-clinical volunteers will receive proof of service hours as well.
Please check here if you have general questions. If you need help registering or have specific questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, thank you for volunteering! The Florida Mission of Mercy is an essential community project that serves thousands of people in need in our community, and we cannot do it without your help. We appreciate you so much!
See you in Orlando!
Dr. Jim Antoon & Dr. Don Ilkka
2019 FLA-MOM Co-chairs